Sunday, June 17, 2012

DAY 9: From Salzburg to Vienna


Another early and rainy morning :( This not what we expected-the rain has got to go! We went on a tour of Salzburg with a different guide named Barbara today. I have to say I enjoy our globus guide, Simona much better. She speaks more clearly and doesn't rush to get everything in. Barbara was speaking to fast I couldnt understand half the stuff she was saying. Lol
Apparently the sound if music was filmed in Salzburg so alot of the sites she took us to were from the movie. The first place we went was Marabell Gardens. They used the gardens a lot in the movie. Grandma and I haven't seen it in so long we dont really remember scenes. But the flowers were so pretty.
Somewhere in my pictures you'll see a fence with locks all over it. The locks are put on by a lot of younger couples to symbolize their love? The tour guide said something about the locks on the river, and how they never break so couple put locks on the fence so their love never dies.... I wonder many of those couples are still together now .... Lol
We went out for dinner to a wine tavern in the Vienna Woods I had wienerswichal? I may have spelt that wrong. But I always thought it was a word dad made up so when I heard the tour guide say it i started laughing. It was actually very good :) Then again it is breaded turkey. I like turkey
The food was delicious and the group really was a good time. There was a guy playing the accordion and another with a violin. They were fantastic!! Got everyone up and dancing and singing along it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment